Doing a pro bono work by a lawyer as well as by law firms proves to be beneficial for both . Pro bono refers to doing legal work by a lawyer or a law firm for a client free of cost . There are those who cannot afford legal services for the amount charged by lawyers but are in desperate need of legal help. When earning a good amount as a lawyer and doing pro bono work for those in need is the minimum we can do for the society .
When helping a person get justice through pro bono work , that would be one of the ways to put our legal education and qualifications into good use. This not only helps others but in turn gives us a sense of happiness that we could help a person and make good use of our qualification. The sense of happiness attained by doing pro bono work cannot be earned in any other way as a lawyer.
- Value Addition To legal work experience as well as different types of cases - Doing pro bono works can help you grow as a lawyer by dealing with various kinds of cases which are not of your specialisation but gives you an overview as well as experience . It is a value addition in your legal career . The cases too would be of different issues and each case gives you experience and increases your knowledge .
- Law graduates can enhance their skill and knowledge – Such works of pro bono nature can lead to enhancement of your skills and gain knowledge which can help in your later part of legal career .
- Exposure and new professional relationships with lawyers – As a lawyer , getting to know other lawyers is always useful in legal career as other lawyers can help you with advice , tips and also in meeting lawyers of various other firms. This is possible by doing pro bono works and in turn meeting new lawyers and having professional relationship with them . When in career progression , their tips and advice would prove to be beneficial.
- New and young lawyers like to tap their hidden potential and skills – The law graduates just fresh out of law school always desire to bring out their hidden skills and enhance it . Pro bono works can help in tapping the potential.
- Gives a sense of happiness – Helping others in need with pro bono works , gives a sense of happiness which cannot be earned by anything else in legal career . The happiness of making good use of your legal education and knowledge for the good of the public is priceless.
It is good to grow in legal career but side by side helping people who cannot afford legal services of a lawyer by doing pro bono works is always fruitful.